Saving energy and water at home
By making small changes in the kitchen you can reduce your energy and water use, save money on your next bill and be kind to the environment.
· Save $300 a year by turning off the second fridge and freezer when you’re not using them.
· Keep seals around the fridge doors clean and defrost freezers at least twice a year.
· Run your dishwasher with a full load on an economy cycle and clean filters regularly.
· Don’t pour money down the drain – instead of washing dishes under a running tap, turn it off and use a plug.
· Boil water in your kettle first then transfer it into a pot for cooking.
· Wash vegetables in a bucket or bowl and then recycle the water by using it on your plants.
See ewon.com.au/factsheets for more information