Strategic Business Plan
The Centre’s primary focus is on early intervention and the provision of information to empower the community to help themselves. We provide social and health groups, educational workshops, community engagement days, events to bring the community together, children’s and family services.
The Centre also provides a long established Out of School Hours (OOSH) Service, morning and afternoon and vacation care for up to 75 children a day.
Kariong Neighbourhood Centre is a community hub for Kariong and surrounding areas in the Central Coast Hinterland. Our Centre was built for the community in 1988 and is leased from Central Coast Council. While our main funding body is the Department of Family and Community Services, we also seek other grants to fund community projects. Our governing body is the Local Community Services Association www.lcsansw.org.au
From the moment you walk through our doors you are welcomed into a safe and friendly atmosphere which promotes a sense of belonging. Our main focus is to bond the community and build resilience by responding to local needs. We achieve this through:
- Community consultation
- Running community-based activities
- Developing community projects and events
- Providing information and referral services
- Promoting holistic health and well being
- Building on individual skills and strengths
We are an incorporated association governed by a Board elected by our members at each AGM. For more information about becoming a member of Kariong Neighbourhood Centre Inc. please see contact us.
- To foster relationships and embrace diversity through mutual respect.
- Provide opportunities for the community to develop skills, build self-esteem, interact with others and bring about a greater sense of belonging.
- Provide information, education and advocacy through the delivery of events, activities and support services.
- Encourage local services to share resources and support each other to deliver best practice
Social Enterprise and Funding
Kariong Neighbourhood Centre Inc. has 3 social enterprises consisting of Kariong Out Of School Hours Care, NDIS and Early Intervention and is additionally funded by FACs on a 3 year grants program. FACs provide us with annual funding and a Service Agreement which outlines the respective roles and legal obligations within our partnership. In addition, we have a Service Specification, outlining our agreed service activities which we report onto FACs 6 monthly. This Service Specification is adapted to suit the needs of our Centre and community, while also specifying to a broad headline result from the grants program which is:
- Disadvantaged children, young people, families and disadvantaged Communities are resilient and safe.